Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda or bicarbonate of soda, is a chemical compound with the formula NaHCO₃. It is a salt composed of a sodium cation and a bicarbonate anion. Sodium bicarbonate is a white solid that is crystalline, but often appears as a fine powder.
- May help treat heartburn.
- May soothe canker sores.
- May improve exercise performance.
- May relieve itchy skin and sunburns.
- May slow the progression of chronic kidney disease.
- May improve certain cancer treatments.