Gentian is an herb. The root of the plant and, less commonly, the bark are used to make medicine. Gentian is used for digestion problems such as loss of appetite, bloating, diarrhea, and heartburn. It is also used for fever and to prevent muscle spasms. Gentian is applied to the skin for treating wounds and cancer.
Gentiana is a genus of flowering plants belonging to the gentian family, the tribe Gentianeae, and the monophyletic subtribe Gentianinae. With about 400 species it is considered a large genus. They are notable for their mostly large, trumpet-shaped flowers, which are often of an intense blue.
- Gentian is used for loss of appetite
- Gentian is used for bloating
- Gentian is used for diarrhea
- Gentian is used for heartburn
- used for fever and to prevent muscle spasms.
- Gentian is applied to the skin for treating wounds and cancer.