Spirulina is a blue-green algae that is usually consumed either in powder form or as a supplement. Spirulina is known as a nutrient-dense food as it is packed full of vitamins, including vitamins A, C, E and B vitamins, as well as a whole host of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- A complete source of protein.
- Unlike almost all other plant foods, spirulina is a good source of vitamin B12.
- Spirulina is high in beta carotene.
- Tablespoon is full of fiber.
- May aid in a healthy heart.
- May improve your body functions
- May improve your energy levels.
- May improve metabolism levels.
- Provides the calcium for strong bones
- Helps reduce inflammation.