Aloe vera is actually one of 420 species of the aloe plant. It is a low-maintenance plant that can be grown in Southwestern U.S, Mexico, Central America, and Southeast Asia. The aloe vera plant is composed of three main parts: the hardy green leaf, and the gel and juice held within the leaf. Aloe vera gel is the most commonly known component of aloe vera because it offers so many healing properties. The juice, on the other hand, has a bitter taste and acts like a laxative in high quantities.
- It contains healthful plant compounds.
- It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- It accelerates wound healing.
- It reduces dental plaque.
- It helps treat canker sores.
- It reduces constipation.
- It may improve skin and prevent wrinkles.
- It lowers blood sugar levels.