Beet juice ranges from bright magenta to deep crimson in color. The colorful drink is made from beets, which have the scientific name Beta vulgaris. Because beets come from the root portion of the plant, beet juice is also sometimes called beetroot juice.Beet powder, also called beetroot powder, is a similarly bright pink or red product made from dried, ground beets. Beet powder is often advertised as a superfood and sold by natural food retailers.Beet powder can be mixed with water to create a juice. It can also be added to smoothies, sauces, or baked goods. Beet powder is growing in popularity as a natural health-boosting supplement.
- Many nutrients in few calories.
- Help keep blood pressure in check.
- Can improve athletic performance.
- May help fight inflammation.
- May improve digestive health.
- May help support brain health.
- May have some anti-cancer properties.
- May help you lose weight.