Aloe vera is gel from the leaves of aloe plants. People have used it for thousands of years for healing and softening the skin. Aloe has also long been a folk treatment for many maladies, including constipation and skin disorders.
- It contains healthful plant compounds.
- It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
- It accelerates wound healing.
- It reduces dental plaque.
- It helps treat canker sores.
- It reduces constipation.
- It may improve skin and prevent wrinkles.
- It lowers blood sugar levels.