Blessed thistle is a plant. People use the flowering tops, leaves, and upper stems to make medicine. Blessed thistle was commonly used during the Middle Ages to treat the bubonic plague and as a tonic for monks.
- Today, blessed thistle is prepared as a tea and used for loss of appetite
- It is used for indigestion.
- It is used to treat colds, cough, cancer, fever,
- It is also used to treat bacterial infections, and diarrhea.
- It is also used as a diuretic for increasing urine output,
- it is used for promoting the flow of breast milk in new mothers.