5 AYURVEDIC HERBS WITH THEIR AMAZING BENEFITS
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicinal system. Ayurveda means the science and knowledge of life where – Ayur meaning life and Veda means science or knowledge. The ayurvedic practice is five thousand years old and works on three basic three principles or doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
Ayurvedic treatment can holistically heal you. It not only treat your illness but also protect you.
Best Ayurvedic herbs
The following ayurvedic herbs are very famous and effective for many years. Here we will describe herbs with their benefits –
Ashwagandha is a traditional ayurvedic medicine used for multiple uses. It is found in India, Africa, and some parts of the Mediterranean continent. it can bring strength and stamina of a while nourishing the female and male reproductive and nervous systems. It is also called ‘Winter Cherry’ or ‘Indian ginseng’. Generally, Ashwagandha roots are used for preparing ayurvedic remedies. The benefits of Ashwagandha are as follows –
- Boosts immune system
- Decreases stress and calm your body
- Enhance your memory and cognition
- Improve sleep patterns
- Helps to manage weight
- Helps to maintain normal testosterone levels in males
- Increase fertility
- Improve heart health
- Helps to manage weight
- Promote thyroid health
Shatavari is a medicinal herb with excellent health benefits. Shatavari is also called as ‘queen of herbs’. It has antioxidant properties due to the presence of Saponins in it. It is very beneficial to boost your immunity and for the female reproductive system. Here are some benefits of Shatavari
- Enhance immunity power
- Reduces inflammations
- Improve female reproductive system activity
- Effective in alleviating respiratory symptoms
- Works excellent to relieve acidity symptoms
- Helps to cure esophagus, stomach, and intestinal ulcers
- Maintain blood sugar levels
- controls anti-aging changes of skin
Licorice has been used since the old days not only in Indian but in Greek and Egyptian medicine preparations. Due to its sweet flavor, it is been used in various preparations such as herbal teas, candies, capsules, and liquid extracts. Benefits of Licorice are as follows –
- Provides relief from acidity, stomach ulcers, and food poisoning
- Treats cold and cough
- Reduces stress
- Works as an anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, anti-microbial, and anti-aging
- Excellent for hair fall and to prevent dandruff
- Beneficial in prostate gland problems
Neem is a well-known herb due to its bitter taste. The word “Neem” is derived from the Sanskrit Nimba – which means the bestower of good health. Neem has miraculous healing powers used in various disorders. It is used in almost 75% of formulations in Ayurveda. The benefits of neem are as follows –
- Neem has antiseptic, anti-microbial, and antifungal properties.
- Potent blood purifier and detoxifier
- Treat acne, eczema, and skin diseases.
- Helps to reduce fever, especially malarial fever
- Maintain oral hygiene and prevent dental caries, infections
- Neem paste is great for hair and helps to control dandruff.
Haritaki is known as a ‘king of herbs’ in the ayurvedic system of medicine. It is useful to strengthen energy, awareness, and intelligence. The benefits of Haritaki are as follows –
- Strengthens the vital functions of the body, such as strong digestion, nutrient absorption, elimination, etc.
- Reduce cholesterol levels
- Prevent lung infections
- Great for eyes